Dental Care Starts At An Early Age
Regular dental care for children is especially important in their development as their teeth erupt and they are growing.
Here are some recommendations on how children can take care of their teeth...
- Children should begin brushing their teeth as early as age 2
- With infants and younger children, use a smear of toothpaste on the toothbrush (as they get older, you can increase this amount to a pea size)
- Children should brush at least twice a day
- Children should begin flossing as soon as their teeth begin to contact one another
- Kids should try and floss once a day
Fluoride treatment is another important aspect of dental care for children. Fluoride treatment should be done by the general dentist’s office once a year.
Sealants are another component of dental care for children. This is a tooth colored material placed in the grooves and bite surfaces of a child's molars and premolars to protect them against getting cavities.
If you have any questions about any of these areas of preventative care for children, please do not hesitate to contact our office!